Best Practices for XM Directory | XM Community

Best Practices for XM Directory

• 5 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +4
We are looking to broaden the use of Qualtrics from our small team to the rest of our organization and I am trying to putting together protocols and best practices to share with new users. Since the XM directory has limited permissions right now, I'm concerned the directory will get out of hand quickly (e.g. number of embedded data fields). Does anyone have any protocols/guidance that you have created for your organization that you'd be willing to share? Or tips and lessons learned from having multiple people utilizing the same directory for different work? We have created multiple directories already, but with the nature our work, teams will need to share directories.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I don't know about best practices, but I can share some things that seem to be working well here. Excited to hear what other's have to say....

1. Be aware of who's folder you're saving work in.
For us, we try to go through the extra work to make sure every contact is in a shared Organization-wide folder that we can can see/share. It takes an extra step though, so it's hard to keep in mind!

2. Always uplodad with an Embedded Data Category for 1) The survey you are sending for, and 2) The date you're uploading/updating this contact.
It's just been a super handy code to reference back and people move and get updated. Helps us see who is remaining on old lists while they are moving across touchpoints.

3. Review and condense embedded data categories periodically.
It's so easy to have someone upload "Zip", another upload a "Zip Code", and another as "ZIP" or "Postal Code". Before you know it you have hundreds of embedded data categories! The faster you can put in place standardization, the better! But review the list and condense the categories periodicically to 1) Clean up, and 2) Learn where the standardization needs to occur.

Leave a Reply