How to create Participant ID on an unpublished survey | XM Community
Question

How to create Participant ID on an unpublished survey

• 27 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi

Before i can publish my survey i need to make sure all particpants are given an ID after they have completed the survey so that they can withdraw their information if they wish to at a later date.

So far I have only been able to find answers from people who have already got some responses from a published survey. Is there a way to create the IDs before the survey is published?

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @H123B456 are you distributing your survey via a generic link or by email? If the latter, I think what you want to do is fairly easy. You just create an ID yourself for each person receiving the survey. Set it up as embedded data that gets imported with your contact list and pulled through the survey into your final data set. Include a question in your survey that says, "The ID for your survey response is: " and pipe in the embedded data value.

I'm guessing you're not using a generic link, or else there would be no point generating the values ahead of time. But just in case, I think the way I would do this would be the same basic approach, but instead of piping in a previously assigned ID, I would try to create an ID by combining some piped text fields (e.g., IP address, time, and a random number). So it would be generated at the time the person is taking the survey.

Leave a Reply