Microsurveys - Best Practices | XM Community
Solved

Microsurveys - Best Practices

• 20 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
Hi Qualtrics Community,

I'm looking for guidance from anyone that has built out short 1-2 question CX surveys that are deployed after a customer completes (or abandons) a certain digital event (an approach that we're calling Microsurveys). A little bit of background:

-These Microsurveys, as we're calling them, will help measure specific tasks within our app and website environments.
-A banking industry example: a customer logs onto their online banking app/website. They proceed into making a 'fund transfer' (let's say from their saving account to their checking account). After they have completed (or abandoned) this transfer, we'd like an short 1-2 question embedded survey to pop up (or slide down from the top, or slide up from the bottom, etc.) asking about that specific funds transfer process. Ideally, the customer would complete the survey in the moment without leaving the app/website page.
-I understand that there is a technical layer to this, involving custom property capturing, however, at the moment I am mostly interested in the look and feel of how these surveys may be deployed.

Any advice/tips & tricks from the community on standing something like this up would be greatly appreciated. Bonus points for providing any visuals/screenshots on how your program is deploying a short 1-2 question, in the moment, microsurvey.

Thank you Qualtrics Community!
Tom
icon

Best answer by IsabelPosada_Voce 23 December 2019, 02:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +51
Hello @TomMalow for this case you should use Website feedback, it is like an intercept which you can create on Qualtrics and you can trigger it with the referral URL or cookies. This works like an intercept and has different steps to create it.
1. You design the creative (how is going to appear ex: pop up, pop over)
2. You create the logic with which it will be activated.
3. You select the target of the intercept, in this case the survey with the 2 questions.(NPS or CSAT)
Maybe you can find more information in this page
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/website-app-feedback/getting-started-with-website-app-feedback/getting-started-with-website-feedback/
If this was what you were looking for remember to accept my answer!! 😶
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I found one recently that I liked a lot that has kind of stood out to me.

On my new Microsoft My Analytics, there is a small "thumbs up/thumbs down" right after a specific content card..... !

If you click either thumb, you get: !

Now, I wish that when I clicked "Thumbs down" it said "sorry" instead of "thanks! :)" but ok.

And then if you have more to say, the pop-up shows up:
!

I think what I like is:
1. There are two simple choices. No scales, no words or numbers to interpret. The barrier to sharing feedback requires virtually no thought. It's a "yay" or a "nay".
2. I can share more if I want. But it doesn't bother me with a pop-up unless I decide to opt in.
3. BUT It does give me the "Thanks". A notice that responds and lets me know my feedback was heard and recorded even if I don't share anything extra.
Overall, a simple survey that uses some good usability principals.

Leave a Reply