Sort columns on Simple Table

• 3 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 216 replies
Hi,
I have a Simple Table widget, that shows "Product Name" as rows, and "How did you like the product?" as columns. The "how did you like" question uses a 7-point scale from Extremely bad to Extremely good.
However, these scale points appear in a random order as columns. It's not even alphabetically. The appear in this order:
Extremely bad Extremely good Moderately good Slightly good Moderately bad Neither good nor bad Slightly bad
How can I sort them so they appear in their logical order?

Kr,
Joyca
icon

Best answer by Eesh 3 January 2020, 17:24

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Joyca, There is a workaround for this. As you can still sort columns alphabetically. So, you can append alphabets for each scale as labels in mapping section. For an instance, let's say you want to show Extremely good as first column then in the mapping section rename it as A. Extremely good follow up with B. Moderately good and so on. This would help you to show the scale points in customize order you want. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
> @Eesh said:
> Hi Joyca, There is a workaround for this. As you can still sort columns alphabetically. So, you can append alphabets for each scale as labels in mapping section. For an instance, let's say you want to show Extremely good as first column then in the mapping section rename it as A. Extremely good follow up with B. Moderately good and so on. This would help you to show the scale points in customize order you want. Hope this helps!

Where can I sort alphabetically?

!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Click on the gear icon from the top tab which will take you to mapping section and then locate the question in this case it would be Q1 and then add alphabets next to each scale point. Below is the screenshots below:

1. Create fieldgroup for all scale points and add alphabets for all scale options. Screenshot below:
!

2. Seelct relevant scale option and exclude others as screenshot below:
!
!

3. Add the fieldgroup in columns. Refer screenshot below:
!
!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks @Eesh,
This does fix the column sorting.
However, the values in the table aren't correct anymore. All columns now seem to display the sum of the count of answers, they correspond to the sum column of my original unsorted table...

!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Ah.. ok. It seems the question is setup as matrix question. In that case, you need to add top box/bottom box metrics instead of count and then add each scale point individually as top box / bottom box. Please refer the screenshot below:

1. !
2. !
3. !
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
One more thing, the response will be seen as percentages instead of counts. Hope this works for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks so much @Eesh, yes percentages do work for me! It worked in my setup with the top/bottom plot with a 1-7 range without adding multiple top/bottom box metrics.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
You are most welcome! Glad it worked for you.

Leave a Reply