Contact Import Automation using Google Drive | XM Community
Solved

Contact Import Automation using Google Drive

• 6 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Wondering if anyone has had success creating a Contact Import Automation in XM directory with Google Drive as the Import Source? I've tried a couple ways but I get an error that it does not like the format of my file folder path.
icon

Best answer by Mishraji 7 January 2020, 13:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18
There could be a problem with the file path that you have provided. While configuring the automation, In the step Select Import file add a folder name(eg. Automations). This folder should be in 'My Drive'. Make sure your CSV file is in the same folder(Automations) before you run this automation.
Also please ensure that the example file is similar in format to the CSV that you are trying to import.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Thank you @Mishraji I did not have it in My Drive. However, once I moved it there and ran it manually, I am still getting an error. Do you have any tips for me?!
Userlevel 4
Badge +18
There seems to be a disconnect with the file path you have provided in the automation configuration and the location of the CSV file on your google drive. I have listed below steps and few screenshots that you can follow to configure it correctly:

Step 1: Make sure you are in your drive (i.e., My Drive Tab). Please note that this is the root path that the automation can access. I have attached a screenshot for your reference. !

Step 2: Create a folder here(eg. 'Automations') and upload the contact CSV file here. I have attached a screenshot for your reference. !

Step 3: While configuring the automation, for folder path, enter the name of the folder created earlier (i.e., 'Automations' in this case.) Please Refer to attached screenshot.!
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
@Mishraji thank you that was perfect. I was trying to put the full path name (including "My Drive") in the file location field rather than JUST the subdirectory name. I made the changes you suggested and it worked! Thanks so much!

Leave a Reply