Filter out Blank Verbatim Responses from Record Grid | XM Community
Solved

Filter out Blank Verbatim Responses from Record Grid

• 13 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +5
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to filter out blank responses from a Record Grid by way of filters, or some other method? I have a record grid where i'd like to hide any rows of data where there is no response to a certain verbatim question. Creating a filter with the verbatim field only allows me to filter by keyword, but I don't know if there's any way to engineer filtering verbatims that are not blank?

It would be preferable if this could be done in dashboard via filters, but if there's some other method to achieve the same result i'd be keen to hear.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by snhenderson 13 January 2020, 17:03

View original

4 replies

Badge +1
You should be able to do this by creating an advanced filter on the widget. Select Add Filter > Advanced Filter (should be at the top of the list) then Insert New Condition. Select the verbatim question that you want to filter on, then on the next dropdown, select "is not empty", and save the filter.
Badge +5
In all my times using widget filters, i'd never even noticed the advanced filter option at the top of the dropdown!

Thanks alot.
Userlevel 4
Badge +19

Hi all,
Just to follow on from this question - is there a way to toggle this on and off for users? For example, I want to configure it such that by default my record grid only shows responses where the open text questions are not blank, but I also want them to have the option to remove the filter. If I leave the filter as not locked, as far as I can tell users can change the entire advanced filter which is not what I want. I want to set the fields for the advanced filter and just let users turn it on or off.
Any suggestions appreciated!
Cheers, Ashleigh

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

ashleigh_quaill Did you ever find a solution to a comment filter that you can toggle on/off? I am trying to accomplish something similar to your situation, without much luck.

Leave a Reply