How do you relate a survey response to a contact within Salesforce? | XM Community
Question

How do you relate a survey response to a contact within Salesforce?

• 21 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge
We are using Salesforce Marketing Cloud to send emails with a survey link to contacts that live in Salesforce. Right now, we're mapping responses to the Survey Response object and need a way to identify the contact who filled it out. I'm under the impression this can be done with embedded data somehow, but I don't know how to go about setting it up so that a Salesforce contact who receives an email through Marketing Cloud can be identified and have their data push through to the Survey Response object.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Are you using personalized links from Qualtrics and merging those individual links within each email? Or are you using generic/anonymous links?

We are not able to merge personalized links in our organization, so we are forced to export the contact/member id info from SF and import into Qualtrics, and send emails from Qualtrics so it picks up all the necessary embedded data fields.

I'm not sure if Marketing Cloud has the ability to append an embedded data field to a generic URL so you can pass the contact id. If so, that's another option. I'm just limited in what our team managing SF is allowing me to do.
Badge
We are using generic/anonymous links since we're distributing surveys from Marketing Cloud to a sizable database.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23

We are using query strings with variables for IDs

Leave a Reply