Clearing embedded data during the survey flow | XM Community

Clearing embedded data during the survey flow

• 29 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
Hi,

at present, our survey pulls in a lot of embedded data dependant on the site the customer has visited from a contact list at the beginning of a survey. we then use this embedded data to set display logic for each of the questions.

The problem I am having is when you view a full response within a dashboard it displays all of this data. Is there a way of wiping/deleting embedded data out of a response during the survey flow before it is recorded?

I have tried to pull in from another contact list that has these fields blank but it does not work

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

1 reply

Hi, I was hoping to provide you with an answer but I've had no luck. If I understand correctly, we have the same issue:
I am using a new contact list with new embedded data, and a new survey. When I add embedded data to the survey flow, I select add from contact list, and it does pull in my new embedded data from my new list but it also pulls in all the old data fields from a different contact list that I don't need anymore.
I even tried deleting that previous contact list in the hopes that it would remove all those old embedded data fields, but it didn't. Even though that contact list was deleted, it still brings up all the old embedded data fields! I guess once you create an embedded data field, it's there forever.
So now I'm just manually deleting the fields from the survey flow embedded data element (by just erasing the field name and clicking out, per instructions on "Removing Embedded Data" : https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data/) which is tedious. I hope Qualtrics can figure out a way to better manage embedded data.
Anyway, hope that helps if anyone else comes across this issue.

Leave a Reply