Solved

Survey Response

• 29 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 148 replies
Can I pass the survey response via qualtrics web service URL either by action trigger or web service block in Survey Flow to a copy of the same survey? Do I need to pass startTime, endTime, etc. or can I just pass the selected answers?

The api gives the URL which I now know how to customize the path parameters, however, when I go to the webservice either by trigger or survey flow, I do not know how to pipe the survey startTime, endTime, etc.
icon

Best answer by pogi 31 January 2020, 02:52

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
I think I am on to something. Using the survey flow webservice and a body parameter json vales... it is creating a response in the second survey but only saving the embedded data. I'll keep working. If anyone has insights or an example, I'd appreciate it.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
to pass in data INTO a survey, you can checkout embedded data > setting values from the survey URL:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data#SettingValuesFromTheSurveyURL
Once you set the embedded data via the URL, then you can pull the data into the survey.
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
@TJUH_Kai Thank you for your response, however, I'm using a web service to create a response in another survey using the API. The embedded data method in your response would help carry forward responses but not create/complete the response in that survey. Or I am missing that.

I'm using the api URL https://mydatacenter.qualtrics.com/API/v3/surveys/mysurveyID/responses and passing a json value variable with all of the embedded data and answers. When I go to the other survey, I do see a response, but there is not data instead it states "this question was not displayed to the respondent."

So how do I create the response and make it display the data correctly?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
if I understand you question correctly, you're asking after using the embedded data URL to pass data to the survey, how do you default those value from the embedded data into the current survey's question response? if that's your question, it's simple, for text, you can use piped value to pull in embedded data, for others, you need to use JavaScript to check the embedded data's value and default select the checkbox or radio button.

I just re-read your initial question, is your goal only to pass survey response from 1 survey (A1) to a duplicated survey (A2) without any user actually go through the survey (A2) at all? If that's your purpose, then you can use API only to push data from survey A1 to survey A2. my propose embedded data method is when you want someone to go through survey A2, maybe because A2 is not identical with survey A1.
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Yes my purpose to pass information to A2 without any user interaction. I have the api and web service working as the embedded data are showing up in the results of A2 as in A1; however, the answers in A1 are not getting to A2 using variables I got from downloading a sample report from both surveys. For these answers, the report in A2 states "this question was not displayed to the respondent". This is true as there was no user interaction with A2.
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
I forgot to remove the authenticator on the second survey. I think it is working now.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
What API have you been using? Why do you want the same answer/response to be forwarded to survey A2 without user interaction? I assume survey A2 is identical to survey A1. Correct me if I am wrong
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
I'm using Qualtrics API. A2 is identical but collecting responses from multiple versions of A1. Each version of A1 has version specific reports, where A2 is will have all the cumulative reports.

Leave a Reply