Is Actions functionality limited when used in a question in a Loop & Merge? | XM Community
Solved

Is Actions functionality limited when used in a question in a Loop & Merge?

• 29 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30
  • Level 6 ●●●●●●
  • 1045 replies
Just want to see if anyone in the user community has noticed this problem before I run it by Support.

I have a Loop & Merge block in my survey, which can repeat up to 25 times. In that block I have a simple text entry field.

!

I want Qualtrics to send me an email, using Actions, whenever a comment is entered in this field. I have done preliminary setup and testing to confirm that the Action will execute when I refer to a specific Loop iteration (1:, 2:, 3:, etc.) in the Conditions. However, when use the "Any Loop" condition, the Action fails to execute.

!

!

Obviously I could get this to work by repeating the condition 25 times, or perhaps using Triggers instead, but it bothers me that I can't get the "Any Loop" condition to work. Is there something I'm missing or is this condition not working properly within Actions?
icon

Best answer by MatthewM 3 February 2020, 20:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
When you say that the action fails to execute, do you mean that it isn't executing when you expect it to or that it's actually trying to execute but failing? Very curious, either way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +30
Thanks for checking. It's the former; it doesn't show up in the Actions history at all after I submit test responses.

Support was able to replicate the issue so they are working to resolve it. So if anyone is using the "Any Loop" condition in an Action, or planning to, I would recommend coming up with an alternative condition instead.

Leave a Reply