Carrying forward responses | XM Community
Solved

Carrying forward responses

• 29 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +3
Two separate issues: A) I have a follow up question for people who rate something in a matrix as a 1 or 2. I only see the ability to carry forward one selection currently. What am I missing? 😎 I would like to be able to not show the question if nothing was rated a 1 or 2. I know that I can do that through conditional display but I have a really long matrix and I don't want to miss anything. Is there an easy way to do this?
icon

Best answer by Ben_J101 30 January 2020, 01:08

View original

3 replies

Badge
hi @swholey

you have two options here.
1) you can add a skip logic, which will skip the question if answer to previous question was equal to or above 3
2) you can add a display logic, which will only display the question if answer to previous question was equal to or below 2

link to how to implement display logic below. i recommend display logic in your situation, but both options will work.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/edit-survey/question-options/display-logic/

thanks
Ben
Badge +3
Thanks Ben. That answers the second part of my question. I failed to mention that my original matrix is quite lengthy so I was hoping for a more elegant solution than adding display logic for each parameter separately.
Badge
hi @swholey

interesting.... i am assuming you don't have numerical values on either side of the matrix table? (across the top or down the side)

i just had a bit of a go at a work around for this and i cannot find a perfect solution. although i don't know too much about javascript options so there might be something better there.

on the matrix table i was able to recode the metric values (e.g. dissatisfied - 1, neutral - 2, satisfied - 3). this then allows you to only require one condition for less than or greater than.

this means that you will need one condition for each component of the matrix table. its better than putting in multiple for one line of the matrix table.

sorry i couldn't come up with a better solution for you. may be worth having a quick read some previous conversations about javascripting and see if anyone has come up with a better solution

thanks
Ben

Leave a Reply