Showing videos randomly drawn from a pool of videos | XM Community
Question

Showing videos randomly drawn from a pool of videos

• 29 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Dear All,
I would like to run the following scientific study (numbers are for illustration only):
- There are 400 videos (each between 15 and 60 seconds long)
- I invite participants to rate / evaluate videos (they will be asked around 5 questions per video)
- Each participant who takes part is shown a selection of let's say 30 videos
- This selection of 30 videos should be drawn randomly from the 400 videos (freshly for each new participant)
- So that after enough participants, each video should be rated/evaluated at least a couple of times (not the same number of times, because it's random)
- In the end, I would like to analyse the average answers/ratings/evaluations of each of the 400 videos

Is something like this (the random selection of videos drawn from a large pool, new random selection for each participant) possible in Qualtrics?

Since it will actually really be roughly around 400 videos, I'm not sure whether I'll upload the videos to Qualtrics directly (if that's possible re quotas or alike), or whether I'll upload them to YouTube and just link them to Qualtrics (I've done such YouTube linking before, but that were only 50 videos, and there was no random drawing required).

Many thanks &
Kind Regards,
Andre

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Someone else may have a better idea but I'd look at doing a Loop and Merge - Set based static loop to show 30 times. You could add the URL to the video as the field to get piped into the block.
Thanks, I'll look into that!

Leave a Reply