"Unsupported Survey Option - SurveyTermination" when trying to refresh an offline survey | XM Community
Solved

"Unsupported Survey Option - SurveyTermination" when trying to refresh an offline survey

• 31 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
What exactly does the message "Unsupported Survey Option - SurveyTermination" refer to when I am trying to refresh an offline survey on an iPad? Does it mean I can't specify a survey termination in offline surveys? (screenshot of error below)

!
icon

Best answer by w.patrick.gale 3 February 2020, 15:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Be sure to see if you have any incompatible features in your survey.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
I did some testing and it looks like a new bug. If the 'Redirect to a full URL' setting is enabled in the survey options then I receive this error. Last year this was not an issue and the offline surveys would simply ignore this redirect since it doesn't apply in an offline setting, but is still important if users are working online. I contacted Qualtrics support and am trying to get them to escalate this issue since it has halted our data collection.

As a work-around, I switched to a custom end of survey message and moved my 'Return URL' (${e://Field/ReturnURL}) to a hyperlink that the user must click to return them to the application from where they originated. The end of survey message goes something like this:

This is the end of the survey. If you are working online then click the following link to<br />
<a href="${e://Field/ReturnURL}"><span style="font-size:22px;">Go back to OurQualtricsApp</span></a>
<hr /> <i>This message was put in place because the offline surveys no longer allowed end of survey redirect options to be saved to the survey without causing errors and the offline survey to no longer function (Jan. 3, 2020 - wpg).</i>
Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I doubt it's a bug since the documentation says redirect to a URL isn't supported for offline.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
There is a big difference between 'unsupported functionality' such as URL redirects which would obviously not work while offline, and having your survey stop working all together in offline mode because there is a URL redirect in place when users are NOT in offline mode. I specifically set my survey flow to ONLY try URL redirect when the user is online. That should not break the survey in offline mode. I doubt users have any interest in creating two separate copies of a survey and setting one up for offline mode and one for online; I certainly do not. Again this was not an issue just a few months ago.

Leave a Reply