Can I use the "Prevent Repeated Display" cookie to block a survey on a different domain? | XM Community
Solved

Can I use the "Prevent Repeated Display" cookie to block a survey on a different domain?

• 10 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Two separate domains:
* A.com
* B.com

If you land on A.com, you should get a survey. The "Prevent Repeated Display" cookie is checked, with "A.com" as the domain where you want to place the cookie.

If you land on B.com, you should get a survey, UNLESS you have completed the survey on A.com.

Can anybody tell me if/how I can do this? Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by ElliotVW 13 February 2020, 19:39

View original

3 replies

Badge +2
Hi DDS,

Is this a survey that is integrated into the website through a pop-up, or is this a stand alone survey that you follow a link to?

If it's a standalone survey accessed through a link, I would check off the "prevent ballot box stuffing" under survey protection in the survey options menu.

If it is built in, I would refer to this article - https://www.qualtrics.com/support/website-app-feedback/intercepts-tab/change-options-section-intercepts/#PreventRepeatedandCookie

Cheers,

Elliot V.W.
Thanks Elliott-

These surveys are opened from "popovers" that launch when a web page loads.

The article was helpful, but perhaps I can be more specific.

I'm wondering how would complete this intercept: "If cookie ??? equal to siteintercept.com"

...based this example (from the article referenced):
"Repeated display prevention uses a persistent cookie to track whether display should be prevented in subsequent visits. These are cookies with an expiration date. By default, this cookie is specific to the domain or subdomain the visitor was on. For example, shop.siteintercept.com would track Repeated display prevention independently from about.siteintercept.com."
Badge +2
Hi DDS,

This article - https://www.qualtrics.com/support/website-app-feedback/intercepts-tab/edit-intercept-section/action-set-logic/website-conditions/#Cookie - tackles setting up cookie conditions. If that doesn't help, I'd try digging further into the articles about Website/App Feedback. Unfortunatley I don't really use that function, so that's the best I can do. Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Elliot V.W.

Leave a Reply