Distributing survey through Website Intercept | XM Community
Solved

Distributing survey through Website Intercept

• 20 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I'm planning to distribute survey through an slider intercept in my website. I would like to send a Email after completing the survey. I have created a Trigger and piped the email address of the survey taker from a Form Question that i have created in the survey. Also i would like to add the email to a contact list that i have created in the library using this steps - https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/contact-list-triggers/

I'm doing the testing now but nothing is working. I'm not getting any end of email triggers nor any email address getting added to my contact list.

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong here.( BTW my intercept in not published and deployed yet)
icon

Best answer by MattBroffman_Orlando 24 February 2020, 15:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hi. It's going to be difficult to troubleshoot without knowing more.

A couple of things:
1) Have you tested using just the survey (versus the testing of the intercept)? You can use an anonymous survey link. If your trigger email isn't being sent. Double-check the piping of the email. This should work and would help identify if it's the intercept or the survey having issues.

2) Can you confirm that the survey is published? Or is it in preview too?

3) If you continue to have issues with the survey, you can try the actions tab. The nice thing about this is that actions tab has a reporting area that shows you what happened and would be useful in troubleshooting.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi Matt, Thanks for the answers. It is working now!! I had not published the survey when I posted the question above.
Thanks for the point No 3, I didn't know Actions tab can be used for that. It will definitely help me in future 🙂

Leave a Reply