How can we hide embedded value which is piped in into a question? | XM Community
Question

How can we hide embedded value which is piped in into a question?

• 27 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I am creating a survey for a client, where they will be sending image URLs from the file and we would need to pipe in the embedded values(Images) within the question.

I am able to pipe in the images, but along with the images, I am getting the URL of the image appearing as well. I need the image, but not the URL that's coming along.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I am able to hide the entire question, but not the embedded field using this Javascript:
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function() {
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .QuestionText:first").parent().hide();
});
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi @AAnuragDAS -- depending on what you are trying to accomplish, would it be easier to work within the Survey tab and simply upload images, using skip or display logic to determine what image is displayed to the respondent? I was able to do it pretty easily. (That said, it's important to be mindful of accessibility issues, because I don't see a way to add descriptive text to the image that a reader would pick up.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@AAnuragDAS -Post the html of your question text.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Test Question ${e://Field/test}

This is the HTML text of my question. What's happening here is that along with the string, since I am trying to get the image fetched from the embedded field the URL also gets displayed along with the image. I need to hide the URL and still have the image appearing in the survey.

Leave a Reply