How do i add a Drop down to just one answer with Radio button selection (Likert, Single Answer) | XM Community
Question

How do i add a Drop down to just one answer with Radio button selection (Likert, Single Answer)

• 27 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi,
I am working on a Question of type Likert, Single Answer. I have several answers with radio buttons. But i need to have/add a drop down menu for just one of the answers. The drop down must be multi selection. Can someone please help on how i can achieve this?

3 replies

Badge
Hi,
I am working on a Question of type Likert, Single Answer. I have several answers with radio buttons. But i need to have a drop down menu for just one of the answer. The drop down can be multi selection. Can someone please help on how i can achieve this?
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
To even have a multiple selection dropdown is a challenge in and of itself (google it; it's almost solely achievable with a lot of JavaScript). Integrating that into Qualtrics is another layer of difficulty.

Top that off with integrating a multi-selection dropdown into a radio button multiple choice question - that's one hell of a challenge.

I strongly encourage you to consider a workaround. If you perhaps give more details on the behaviour you want to achieve, maybe I (or someone else) can help.

In the first instance, I suggest the following: have your radio button multiple choice question and add an option "None of these" or something along these lines. Then, using Display Logic, have the dropdown (or if you want it to be multiple selection, maybe consider multiple choice questions with Multiple Answers, i.e. checkboxes).

Good luck!
Badge
Hi npetrov937,

Thanks much for your suggestions.
Yes, handling my scenario with the Javascript sounds like a complicated option for me.

Here i am attaching you the sample picture explaining my Question again.
The Question is of type - Likert, single answer.
I have several answers the user might chose. for just one of the answers, i need to have a dropdown option that lets the user to pick from the dropdown and mark the respective radio button for that specific row.

I wish i can be able to attach a sample question / survey, but i don't see and option to do so.

Thanks in advance.
Ashok

Leave a Reply