In a side by side question, how do I add conditions so that based on the selections? | XM Community
Question

In a side by side question, how do I add conditions so that based on the selections?

• 27 February 2020
  • 2 replies

In a side by side question, how do I add conditions so that based on the selection on the first column makes the second or the third column relevant or irrelevant.

For example, If A OR B are selected then C and D E and F are greyed out!

if A OR B are left blank then C,D,E and F are at play and selections need to be made
if C OR E are selected then G must be entered.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
That is a really difficult problem the way you put it.

I would strongly encourage you to think of a workaround. I don't see why Display Logic and a bunch of multiple choice questions wouldn't do the job just fine.

Here's one example of using in-page Display Logic to capture responses (ignore the content it is irrelevant, just note the changes of all questions based on certain inputs) - https://greenwichuniversity.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_824Cur4WdMlSOOh

Good luck!
@npetrov937 Thanks for responding. I have a complex use case where we have 20 different departments offering an average of 4 services that need to be rated. that makes it a total of 80 different statements to be rated. we are trying to minimize the number of screens and clicks for a long questionnaire. I will try your suggestion though. Thanks again

Leave a Reply