Using an intercept from the main domain as trigger fpr an intercept on a subdomain | XM Community
Question

Using an intercept from the main domain as trigger fpr an intercept on a subdomain

• 6 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
Hi everybody,

we are new users of the site intercept module. It works very well, but we have one issue, where we do not find a solution.

We have an intercept on our main domain, which we want to use as trigger for an intercept on our subdomain. Will mean, if the intercept was shown to the user and he visits a special URL on our subdomain, the other intercept should be shown.

I guess we have to work with cookies at this point. Does anybody of you had the same issue before and has some hints for me?

Thanks in advance
Martin

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@MWys I'm really interested in what you find out here. Are you looking to use the different intercepts to trigger the same survey, or different surveys?
Badge +2
@AdamK12: We found a solution (and it is really quite simple). First of all, we switched the Cookie-Domain in our project to .maindomain.com (the point in the beginning seems to be important). The we send out a session cookie, when the first intercept was shown. The second intercept has this cookie with its specific value as a trigger. That´s all.

I guess you can do that, with every survey odr intercept, if you are allowed to put cookies on our site.

Leave a Reply