Changed dashboard widget headlines do not remain | XM Community
Question

Changed dashboard widget headlines do not remain

• 11 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi. I have made a dashboard, and then made a copy of it and changed some widget headlines. All of this I have made with finnish as my qualtrics system language.

When my colleague opens this copied dashboard with english as his qualtrics system language, the most of the changed headlines (however not all??) are shown to him as they were in the original dashboard. When he changes system language to finnish, everything is good - but he really needs to keep the system language as english, and still see the dashboard as I have intended it to be (in the copy).

When I test the copied dashboard myself (changing system language from finnish to english), I see the same problem with the headlines.

I can't really see no reason for the widget headlines to change when changing system language, when the dashboard is intended to be in finnish all the time, and I am not making any translations - just changing the headlines from other finnish texts to another. This is clearly an bug in the system, has anyone encountered it, and is there any way to fix it?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Check the label translation file just in case. Nothing else I can think of.
Ok, it clarified some. Seems that even when I make everything (project/questionnaire) and dashboard completely with finnish as my system language, Qualtrics automatically creates dashboard's label translation file with english and finnish columns (both filled with same texts).

So this is how I can fix the problem, I just use correct texts in label translation file. Huge thanks to you, Mslreen!

However I still think it is a bug in the system, I don't understand why system automatically creates english labeling, when the project has nothing to do with english. Qualtrics should pay attention to this problem, because it creates a major possibility to error when presenting results from dashboard / switching system languages.
Badge +1
OMG thank you so much for figuring this out! We had users with English UK and English US and the same issue.

Leave a Reply