How can I modify JavaScript to control the calendar dates? | XM Community
Question

How can I modify JavaScript to control the calendar dates?

• 27 March 2020
  • 0 replies

I'm working on an instrument that will be used to collect data from grantees each quarter of every fiscal year. I have a question that asks them to identify the fiscal year and another question that has them identify which quarter they are reporting on. There are five types of activities that they report on. For example, presentations, workshops, academic courses they taught, etc. When they report out on a particular activity, I need to know the date(s) when the activity took place. I can do this with the calendar, but I want to be able to restrict their choices to the fiscal year and three month range within the quarter they are reporting on. I can accomplish this by copying the calendar question and having it display according to the fiscal year and quarter they select up front. However, this is very awkward and requires that the calendar question be duplicated four times for each possible fiscal year they are reporting on. (I have built the instrument with several future fiscal years so that I don't have to touch it for few years.) Can someone help me create a JavaScript that would make this happen without duplicating the calendar question four times for every fiscal year? Thanks.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply