Timing of graphic images and follow-up questions | XM Community
Question

Timing of graphic images and follow-up questions

• 30 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi--Qubie here writing to get some advice!
I am setting a project where I want to show an image on one page for 3 seconds, followed by a separate page that has a question for a maximum of 2 seconds for the participant response to the image. I am only interested in what the actual response to the second page is, not how long it took for them to submit that response (there will be a subsequent timed page, too, but once I know how to do one participant question, I can repeat). I can see that it is possible to include an image and there is a timing function. But I can't see how to set up the image to display with the time limit and how to present the follow-up question with a time limit.

Any advice DEEPLY appreciated!
thank you! Christina

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Two questions on the first page:
1. Test/Graphic question
2. Timing question

Two questions on the second page:
1. Follow-up question
2. Timing question

Brilliant! Sorry for the delay with all this covid crisis going on but I was able to test it out today and it is great. Just smoothing out the look but thank you so much!

A somewhat related follow-up questions: Is it possible for the page to have BOTH timing to advance after X seconds AND auto-advance if the participant finishes before those X seconds have passed? My trial respondents are saying it is frustrating to wait when they really don't need the full X seconds...
Thanks!

Leave a Reply