Can I add a phone number to a contact through "Add to XM Directory" action? | XM Community
Question

Can I add a phone number to a contact through "Add to XM Directory" action?

• 1 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have a survey that a parent receives when his/her student registers for our internship program. I capture the parent phone # in the survey, and would like to add that to their contact information. I tried using an Action at the end of the survey with the "Add to XM Directory" task. I added the embedded data field to the "Phone Number (optional)" cell and chose "Save or update embedded data". While this works with other pieces of embedded data, it does not seem to work with the Phone Number field?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I have the same issue, I submitted a ticket to support, they discover a bug. They're still working on fixing the bug int he Save or update embedded data workflow with Phone Number field.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks for the response TJUH_Kai !

Hi, may I know if this bug is fixed? If not, is there any workaround where I can retrieve this in another survey through Contacts? Currently, the firstname, lastname, email, and externaldatareference are used up.
Many thanks in advance.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

ngc1997 I would recommend you check with Qualtrics Support on your question. From my side, I still see some contacts with the business phone set, and others where it is not.

Leave a Reply