Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Adjusting location of repeat headers

uhrxx005
uhrxx005 Community Member, XMPN Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Guru ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Custom Code

I have a long matrix question containing several different choice groups. I would like to repeat the headers, but am not satisfied with Qualtrics options because the repeated headers are being placed in the middle of my different choice groups. Is there a way with Qualtrics or Javascript to control which rows the header is repeated on?

Best Answer

• TomG
    TomG Raleigh, NCCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

There isn't a way to control it with Qualtrics. You can do it with JavaScript. You would turn off repeat headers in Qualtrics then have the JavaScript clone the header row and insert the clones wherever you want.

I have a script that reformats a scaled Matrix (think of a matrix that looks like an NPS question) and one of the things it does is what I described above.

Answers

• acorn
    acorn Community Member Qubie ✭

@TomG what does that code for "You can do it with JavaScript. You would turn off repeat headers in Qualtrics then have the JavaScript clone the header row and insert the clones wherever you want." look like?