Webservice get response by email address | XM Community
Solved

Webservice get response by email address

• 6 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Is there a way to get (check) if there is a response in a separate survey by a respondent taking my current based on their email address using a webservice? If so, how would this be setup? I seem to only be able to be able to get individual responses by responseId.

icon

Best answer by TomG 6 April 2020, 14:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can maintain a contact list, which will get its value once a respondent completed a survey using contact list trigger setup in survey one, then in survey two you can have authenticator on this contact list.
OR
If you already have survey 1 completed, then get all the email address from data and store it in new contact list, then in survey two you can have authenticator on this contact list. You can also store them in some external DB and using web service you can check the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

@HPowell,
If you are using a contact list, you can use the API to get the contact information which includes their response history. Then search the history to see if they completed the survey of interest.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

how can i use the API to search, i am referring to the below document and if i run the API with the required parameters, its giving me all the contacts from the directory, 

i want to search based on ExtDataRef and use another embedded data field to action the workflow. 

https://api.qualtrics.com/c79e78a949572-search-directory-contacts

Leave a Reply