Error: Server Request Type Unknown or Not Defined in Security? | XM Community
Question

Error: Server Request Type Unknown or Not Defined in Security?

• 11 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Since my survey gets long, I started to get error message: Server Request Type Unknown or Not Defined in Security.xml very often. What is this problem? How can I fix it?

8 replies

Badge

I get the same error but my survey is not long....any update? how did you resolve it? thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Did you have a lot of embedded data or branches? I did not resolve it, still have the problem.

Badge

I have 4 treatments; but indeed, more than 100 embedded data (don't know whether you count this as big or small)

Userlevel 1
Badge

I start to have this error message since the elements including embedded data and branches in my survey flow get a lot. I have 200 embedded data, and 200 branches.

Badge

I have just no idea; have you tried to reduce it ?

Did it save automatically since the last four days or you got disconnected your qualtrics account and started all over again ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

You should contact Qualtrics Support. It isn't necessarily a length issue. There could be a problem with an element in the survey (e.g., a question). Finding and deleting the element may fix it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

TomG Thanks I just contacted Qualtrics Support.

Badge

Hey,

Here is the response from Qualtrics I received today about the issue. I thought it could be useful for all to share it there (with there kind authorization):

"This message is most likely to appear due to a session timeout, after a user has been working on a particular page for a while. This could have happened if you had been working in the survey flow for a while, without clicking Save Flow every so often. The exact reason why this session timeout happens on the back-end is unfortunately outside the scope of our support.

Moving forward, to avoid this from happening, I recommend saving your survey flow work every 15-20 minutes or so, just to be safe. Copying the URL and opening the survey flow in a separate browser or incognito window should also enable you to save your progress. If this continues to happen before 15-20 minute intervals, please don't hesitate to contact us so we may investigate further. "

Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply