Text IQ- How to export the individual comments captured in a topic? | XM Community
Question

Text IQ- How to export the individual comments captured in a topic?

• 16 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Seems simple but I cannot see how I can export the individual comments captured under a topic created in Text IQ. Guidance appreciated.
Also I did not see how to use wildcards in text IQ. E.g. does this work (work* or employ* or "good employ*"). Which brings me to the question of if there is a broader set of syntax tips than is provided in the tool.
Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Greg

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Hi!!
once you created the topic you can go back to data and analysis. In that view you put only the columns you want to export and then you make a filter with the embedded data field that is created for the topics for that particular question, and select the desired topic. You can export then the filtered responses

In the dashboard you can do the same thing, creating a record grid, with the comments for each response. and then add a page filter with the topics. you can filter by each topic and export the widget

Badge +3

Hi Anna, I've tried this and all it does is export the parent topics in one column with the topics in the other column, but it doesn't display the individual comments. Is there a way to display these?
Thanks
Amy

Badge

Hi Amy, 

Relatively new to Qualtrics, but you need to add the comments in a separate column, so you can see the parent topics and the comments next to each other. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Simple way, in the result (click on “Try it now” for new version of results) tab or in the dashboard create one response ticker widget. you can add OE response, show primary value as parent topics and secondary value as upcoded topics of the same question. The download the CSV or Excel file from the widget option.

Leave a Reply