How to hide statements in Matrix Table based on choices made on a previous question | XM Community
Question

How to hide statements in Matrix Table based on choices made on a previous question

• 27 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Dear community,
I am currently trying to solve the following problem: I have a Matrix Table question that asks for the importance of different criteria (rows) on a 7-point scale (columns; 1 = 'not at all important' to 7 = 'extremely important'). On the next question, I want to show another Matrix Table that only pulls in the criteria (rows) that the respondent considered as somewhat important, i.e., chose importance of 4,5,6, or 7 in the question before. Any idea how this can work?
Unfortunately there is no way to do this with carry forward and add display logic. I think it might be easiest to add a function to hide statements (rows) if the answer on the previous question was 1,2, or 3. Not sure how to do this though.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

We can do this with display logic on both - question 2 and statements of question 2. On question 2 add display logic if any of the row has selection 4,5,6 or 7. On statements of question 2, add display logic if respective statement in previous question has 4,5,6 or 7 scale point selected.

rondev Thank you very much, it worked. You can actually also use a single display logic: Once you make sure that the answer choices in the first question are recoded to numbers (e.g., 1-7), you can select a display logic to only show if value is 'greater or equal to' 4.

Again, thank you!

Leave a Reply