Making a choice from "Reusable Choice" list to be exclusive. | XM Community
Question

Making a choice from "Reusable Choice" list to be exclusive.

• 27 April 2020
  • 0 replies

So when using "Reusable Choice" it seems to prevent the ability to change the setup of any of the choices. For instance say you want the "other" radio to be a specify in some questions but non-specify in others. I understand I can just create two and hide one in one case and hide the other in another. However, this affects randomization when you want a consistent randomization across all questions with the same list. Also there is no native way to make an option exclusive. it make sense that a reusable list would contain exclusives. Since there isn't a native way I was looking for help to create javascript, that would deselect all checkboxes in the same column when the "none of the above" option is selected in that column. I have tried using several variations of:
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function()
{
var qobj = this;
  jQuery("input[name='QR~QID48~1~x11']").checked(() => {
    jQuery("#QR~QID48~1~x4").not(this).prop("checked", false);
});
});
Just to see if I can get a specific checkbox to uncheck and then I could manipulate the code from there, but this doesn't work. I even tried this from another question on the Community boards. But nothing seems to be working. I am sure I am calling something incorrectly, any help would be appreciated.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply