File upload | XM Community
Solved

File upload

• 28 April 2020
  • 3 replies

How can I specify the type of file to upload in the same block. Ideally a drop down window to choose the type of file (e.g., CV, degree certification, etc.) and the upload files respectively.

icon

Best answer by ClairJ 29 April 2020, 16:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi SabinnaC I'm not sure your question is entirely clear. What you suggested would work. You can provide a dropdown question (Multiple Choice --> Answers: Dropdown List) and provide a list of file types, and then you can provide another question for uploading files themselves (File Upload).

HI ClairJ Thanks for replying! What I hope to achieve is to have the list of the statement/answers and file upload in the same place. For example:
Q: Please upload relevant files:
(choose one from the multiple choice Q) upload/deposit the file accordingly
(choose one from the multiple choice Q) upload/deposit the file accordingly
The idea for the multiple choice is to remind responders the files needed. Hope I am explaining myself okay.
Thanks again for getting back to me!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Ah, that makes sense. I'm not sure if there is a way to do that. I'll be curious if anyone comes up with a solution. Maybe post to Custom Code?
In any case, I think I would just set it up as a series of questions. You miss out on the side to side display, but it would still work. You might also set it up with logic so the file upload questions only appear after the dropdown is selected. That would just visually create some coherence.

Leave a Reply