Accessibility issues: Survey slider image is missing alt text, iframe contains empty title | XM Community
Question

Accessibility issues: Survey slider image is missing alt text, iframe contains empty title

• 29 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Per WCAG guideline 1.1.1, images need alt text. In my slider creative, I dropped in an image. On the page itself (where the slider is located), it contains no alt text. The image has a description, though, so it just looks like Qualtrics doesn't support alt text in sliders...
Additionally, per WCAG guideline 2.4.1, the iframe for the slider survey requires a non-empty title attribute that identifies the frame. By default, Qualtrics appears to NOT be using a title. Because the slider is inserted into a page / site as a JS snippet, I have no idea how to resolve this accessibility issue.

2 replies

I have been wanting to use Qualtrics myself, but as someone who is exclusively conducting accessibility research, I have found the platform thoroughly lacking. I've had to insert a lot of CSS and JS to make a select few survey questions accessible.

Badge +1

ToriC: Out of curiosity, what CSS and JS fixed did you implement? They might be able to assist others, including Qualtrics themselves.

Leave a Reply