How can I access embedded contact list data when anonymous links/QR codes are also used? | XM Community
Solved

How can I access embedded contact list data when anonymous links/QR codes are also used?

• 26 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +45
Okay, here is the project I have been tasked with:
We want to send out a survey to students using individual links sent via email using a contacts list. The contacts list will also have embedded data (demographics and such) that I will add in the survey flow.
However, for the last 3 days of the survey, students will have access to both an anonymous link and a QR code (distributed by their resident advisors) to use to complete the survey.

Question: _Is there a way to link the responses completed via the anonymous links/QR codes to the embedded data IF students have to enter their email address or ID number to authenticate?_ I was thinking maybe I could start the survey flow with a branch that says if they use an anonymous link/QR code, they have to enter their email, but if they use an individual link, they skip right to the questions (if that's possible).
icon

Best answer by TomG 27 January 2018, 00:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Yes, you can do that. Populate the embedded variables from the contact list at the beginning of the survey flow. Then if one of the variables that is always populated in your contact list is empty, have them branch to the authenticator. Then under the authenticator populate all your embedded variables.
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@TomG this worked beautifully--thank you!

Leave a Reply