Solved

Data is not populating in my report

• 29 November 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 23 replies
The data is not populating in the report. I know the data is still there because I can download it as a spreadsheet, but it doesn't show up in the report. What is going on?
icon

Best answer by JasonHill 3 December 2017, 23:27

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
It sounds like you have not configured your Report Display Logic yet. The Display Logic allows you to specify who is able to see certain data in the reports. Take a look at this video to learn more about using Report Display Logic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHlxHzs15LU
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@JasonHill I checked, and I don't have any display logic set on my report. Any idea what else it could be?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Last week, one of my users had no results for a certain choice in their survey that clearly appeared in the individual responses, and it turned out that that choice had been Excluded From Reporting (it's a checkmark in the drop-down next to choices). Could it be that a choice or choices have been excluded?
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@britain I checked that as well and that also doesn't seem to be the case. When I look at my data sources at the top of the report, instead of showing the number of responses to the right of each of them, it just shows dashes even though I know that person has 4 responses about them already.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@Dax, this is a basic question and I apologize if it's _too_basic. When you are in your Report tab, on the left side of the screen where you see your questions, have you selected the question to enable it to show? When you hover over the question number, a checkbox should show up. Is that box checked?
!
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
@Dax - maybe double check that the responses were actually submitted and aren't "in progress". Or maybe create a new report and make sure no filters are on?
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
> @JasonHill said:
> It sounds like you have not configured your Report Display Logic yet. The Display Logic allows you to specify who is able to see certain data in the reports. Take a look at this video to learn more about using Report Display Logic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHlxHzs15LU

Wait, I think you were right, Jason! I was using Rater Category Display Logic instead of page display logic and that was causing my data sources to have dashes. Whoops!

Leave a Reply