Generating a contact list from people who respond to my Anonymous Link survey? | XM Community
Solved

Generating a contact list from people who respond to my Anonymous Link survey?

• 11 November 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I currently have an anonymous link posted on my website. I want to collect the email address of everyone who completes it and add them to a contact list to send a distribution to in January. What is the best way to do this?
icon

Best answer by lillianc 14 November 2017, 22:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Almost certain you can't capture contact info from an anonymous link distribution unless you ask for them to enter their email address as a question within the survey.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @AnneF said:
> Almost certain you can't capture contact info from an anonymous link distribution unless you ask for them to enter their email address as a question within the survey.

This is NEARLY true, though if the site you are sending them from, has them logging in, you could add it as a parameter to the link each respondent sees,(assuming you have access to this and the know how to do this) then pull in that parameter as embedded data.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
@AnneF @AnthonyR - I'm actually planning to ask for their email on the survey & was just wondering what the easiest way to prepare for future distributions was.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @Barnaby said:
> @AnneF @AnthonyR - I'm actually planning to ask for their email on the survey & was just wondering what the easiest way to prepare for future distributions was.

Ahh, even easier, when you Create a contact list, and are adding contacts, you have the ability to do so by importing from a survey. You then can select the questions to add fields like email from.!
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@Barnaby contact lists are a wonderful feature. Working on project right now where participants are registering online and contact lists will enable us to trigger emails with their student IDs and training locations.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
You can also achieve this by using Contact List Triggers. From Tools -> Triggers -> Contact List Triggers, you can "Add Respondent To Contact List On Survey Complete" - this way, your contact lists can be populated in real time upon survey completion.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
@AnthonyR thanks for the tip!

Leave a Reply