Library for Embedded Data Elements? | XM Community
Solved

Library for Embedded Data Elements?

• 2 March 2018
  • 3 replies

I have a set of embedded data elements that I need to insure are present in all surveys authored in my company.
Is there a library for such a thing, or do I have to create a survey (embedded data elements in the survey flow) and save that to a survey library?
Is there another way to do this - I'm a newbie?
icon

Best answer by AnthonyR 2 March 2018, 16:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
The best way to do this is to setup a survey that just captures these pieces of embedded data and does nothing else. Then, save that survey to your library. Then, in survey flow, you can add a reference survey element that references your library survey. This can be included easily and quickly!
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
@AnthonyR has the most efficient way of going about things, but you could also design a base survey template that includes these variables in the survey flow and anything else you might want, then copy that survey for every new project.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
One thing I've done, to ensure that there are no edits, is create a block with those embedded fields, and then password protect/lock that block, and then you can (as mentioned above) save it to the library and bring it into your reports.

It's another way to skin the cat.

Leave a Reply