Hiding "Powered by Qualtrics" | XM Community
Solved

Hiding "Powered by Qualtrics"

Is there a way to hide the "Powered by Qualtrics" element at the bottom right of the page? I've tried a bunch of different combinations of custom CSS and nothing seems to be able to override the !important modifier for that element.
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 March 2018, 16:04

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Look here.
I have tried this javascript code on the header and footer. It's also not working. If somebody can tell me why I would strongly appreciate.

Thanks,
Cristina
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@cristina_alonso - Why not use the script that I provided a link to?
I'm working on the same thing. I tried the JavaScript from @TomG and couldn't get it to work either. Can you step us through where to place the JavaScript? As a nubie maybe I'm placing it wrong in the footer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Ahh, now I know what the problem is...timing. Either set Page Transition to None or change addOnload to addOnReady. I always turn off page transition when using JavaScript because it can cause issues like this, so I tend to forget that other people don't.
Badge +7
Hi TomG,
thanks for your code - I tried and it removes the "powered by Qualtrics" element - but only on the first question page. it appears again from second page onwards. Seems the Javascript code runs on load - but on second question page the page is not loaded again - only the changing elements in an iframe, so "powered by Qualtrics" appears again. Did anyone know a solution for that?

Thanks,
Florian
Badge +7
TomG - sorry, haven't seen your comment above- "addOnReady" do the Job! 🙂 Thanks for that!
Hi all, I will be trying your suggestions. My problem is also that I amm using research suite to build the survey and site intercept to show it. Qualtrics support team tells me some javascript code is not compatible with Site Intercept. Can you give me any advice here? Thanks.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Is this in breach of the Terms of Service? Not to be a downer, but I want to make sure this is an okay thing to do.
Hey everyone - we wanted to address this conversation and add Qualtrics' perspective.

It is Qualtrics policy to include this logo on every survey to allow respondents to identify us and the tool that is being used to collect their responses. It is preferred that this is *not* removed from any surveys through custom coding solutions such as the ones outlined on this thread.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
I have a one question survey with a lot of blank space between the button and "powered by Qualtrics". How can I delete the unnecessary blank space?
I think most people are fine with the text "Powered by Qualtrics", but not with it being a link. People sometimes click it accidentally and can't find their way back to the survey. When I used Qualtrics with participants at my university, maybe 2 or 3 out of 100 clicked on it accidentally and asked me for help returning to the survey.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Tom said:
> I think most people are fine with the text "Powered by Qualtrics", but not with it being a link. People sometimes click it accidentally and can't find their way back to the survey. When I used Qualtrics with participants at my university, maybe 2 or 3 out of 100 clicked on it accidentally and asked me for help returning to the survey.
You can turn off the link:
```
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function() {
jQuery("#Plug a").attr("href", "javascript:void(0)");
});
```
With Prevent ballot box stuffing is selected, if i try take survey again, the error message will visible that survey is already taken with the powered by qualtrics, @TomG how to remove it
Badge +1

Hi all - I'm having the same issue with the 'Powered by Qualtrics' when progressing to the second page, even with the 'OnReady' solution. Is there any other solution? (Unfortunately, I can't access github on my work computer so can't see the solution by TomG). I'm also open to moving the text (e.g. shifting it up or down slightly). The problem is that it's over the top of some other content in my footer.
Thanks,
Erica

Badge +1

TylerK's response on behalf of Qualtrics is unacceptable. Given how much Qualtrics costs, it's absurd that we can't remove your advertising plug from our surveys. I submitted a Product Idea to this effect, but requiring this and recommending against a workaround is just shady, IMO.

Badge +1

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/29838#Comment_29838FWIW I found that adding the code into the header in Theme was unreliable.
Adding it directly into the Look & Feel>General>Header seems to be better.
I find automatically adding this exit link to allow users get lost during surveys we pay to collect is really cheeky. At the very least it should be configurable by the survey owner.
If it had anything to do with Privacy or User Security then it would link to the relevant policies.
I think the fact that the element is called #Plug gives a big clue :)

Badge +3

I think hiding "Powered by Qualtrics" with custom CSS is better and more reliable.
Javascript always runs after the DOM is loaded, thus the element is displayed and then removed if the script function is called.
If you add custom CSS, the CSS is included in the DOM and parsed before the "Powered by Qualtrics" element, thus the rules from the custom CSS will be applied at the time of rendering.
The element has very strong inline style rule style="display: block !important;". This rule cannot be overridden from the custom CSS. But there are other CSS rules we could use to our advantage.
I came up with the following custom CSS rule:
/* hide Qualtrics logo */
body .Skin #Plug a{
   height: 0 !important;
   padding: 0 !important;
   overflow: hidden !important;
}
/* end of hide Qualtrics logo */
Just copy the above code to your Theme's or Survey's Style setting -> Custom CSS.
What this rule does, is that it reduces the height of the "Powered by Qualtrics" element to 0 pixels and does not allow it's contents to overflow.

Badge

Im a new user here
I had come across to some survey i didn't get any rewards
What can i do
And i need more survey opportunity in my mail i didn't know how to get survey
You can message me on my whatapp only
+(347)2290030
Thanks

Leave a Reply