Solved

Replacing all instances of a word in a survey

• 11 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 23 replies
We recently got acquired by another company and need to update the name referenced in all of our brand research studies. I have one study that is 500 questions long and wanted to know if anyone had a simple way to find everywhere we reference our old name and update it?
icon

Best answer by MichelleC 17 November 2017, 15:09

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
I believe your best shot would be to download your survey to word ("export survey to word" under tools), replace all references in word, and then re import.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @AnneF said:
> I believe your best shot would be to download your survey to word ("export survey to word" under tools), replace all references in word, and then re import.

Unfortunately in complex surveys, this will also remove most logic and survey flow setup. there isn't a great way to do this yet, unfortunately. You could TRY downloading a QSF, finding all and replacing, then re-uploading, but no guarantee that it would work.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@Dax Have you tried using the Search and Replace feature under the Tools menu?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
> @AnthonyR said:
> > @AnneF said:
> > I believe your best shot would be to download your survey to word ("export survey to word" under tools), replace all references in word, and then re import.
>
> Unfortunately in complex surveys, this will also remove most logic and survey flow setup. there isn't a great way to do this yet, unfortunately. You could TRY downloading a QSF, finding all and replacing, then re-uploading, but no guarantee that it would work.

Could this be accomplished via translations some how? I was playing around with this last night, but every time I changed the default language in the CSV and re-uploaded, the upload would just sit there and spin.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
> @MichelleC said:
> @Dax Have you tried using the Search and Replace feature under the Tools menu?

Thanks, @MichelleC - I didn't even know this feature existed! This worked perfectly...updated every occurrence in just a few seconds.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@Dax Yay!!! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @Dax said:
> > @MichelleC said:
> > @Dax Have you tried using the Search and Replace feature under the Tools menu?
>
> Thanks, @MichelleC - I didn't even know this feature existed! This worked perfectly...updated every occurrence in just a few seconds.

This... this is the right answer! Can't believe I didn't know about this.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@AnthonyR I didn't know about it either! This is a great share - thanks @MichelleC !

Leave a Reply