Google Analytics? | XM Community
Solved

Google Analytics?

• 11 April 2018
  • 4 replies

I am interested in adding Google Analytics code to every survey so that we can calculate conversion rates across our inbound campaigns and get full visibility over what is happening. Is anyone familiar with how to do this?

Qualtrics support mentioned "Add custom javascript to every question" which seems... inefficient, highly prone to error, and virtually impossible to update.

Thanks for any guidance or even a "that's unfortunately impossible".
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 11 April 2018, 14:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
Are you using an anonymous link to direct your leads from campaign to the survey? You could use a UTM builder to track the campaign source that directed your lead to the survey.

https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/
Thanks for responding! That's exactly what we are doing. So right now it looks like this:

User click an email or link on a site (we have visibility) >
User arrives in Qualtrics (and the link data is lost) >
User continues on to our website (we know they came from Qualtircs, but not which campaign sent them there)

I'm basically looking for a way to not lose visibility during that middle step. Make sense?
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
Makes sense. So I think if you use a combination of UTM links and ebmedded data that should work, as long as you can pass embedded data into a redirect link (I'm not positive on this).

1. This is your anonymous link with source code added into the URL that will pass to embedded data fields in your survey (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data/ see the section on Setting Values from Survey URL)
2. Within your survey flow make sure that you are setting embedded data fields for those that you passed through the string (I imagine campaign and medium at least)
3. With your redirect, send it to your site and see if you can pipe in the embedded fields in the appropriate part of your UTM.

I'm not sure how complex your campaign is. But if it's a reasonable number of sources and part #3 isn't working. You can always use branch logic with End of Survey elements. Then hard code the redirect within those end of survey elements to not lose your campaign information. This isn't as ideal but it is a workaround.
Is there a solution for this issue? We have exactly the same situation where the survey is an application form and is part of a conversion funnel. We'd like to see if people are arriving at the form through our marketing efforts and track that through to how many completed it (actual conversions). Thanks!

Leave a Reply