2018 for Research Core Thus Far | XM Community

2018 for Research Core Thus Far

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey guys - a lot has been improving the product lately, and we’re excited to share it with you! Here are the biggest and best new features:

You now have more options for Response Weighting. Choose Dynamic weighting, which allows you to define by the percentage of the distribution the choice should occupy, or Static, which allows you to choose the multiplier itself.

!

Survey Sharing got a name change recently and is now called Collaboration. As a bonus, you no longer have to click out to the Projects page to collaborate on surveys - the Collaborate button is right in the survey editor’s toolbar.

!

We all love the support pages, but now you can randomly generate numbers without copying and pasting that little code from the Piped Text page. Instead, the Piped Text menu has a random number generator option.

You don’t have to go question by question by question to reset your recode values - go to your Tools menu and erase them all with just a click.

!

Qualtrics has unbeatable security, but sometimes you want to add an extra layer of metal on your doomsday bunker. Data Isolation adds additional encryption to your Qualtrics accounts, and Two-factor Authentication forces you and your colleagues to receive an additional code from a trusted app or email address before logging into Qualtrics.

Sentiment Analysis is here for all your feedback needs, whether they be qualitative or quantitative. Available in ten languages (including English), assess how positive, negative, neutral of mixed the feedback you’re receiving is. Then build detailed reports using our numeric Sentiment Score and Polarity variables.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Thanks for sharing @KatharineS
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Thanks @KatharineS

I noticed that this page also listed a couple new updates for today: https://www.qualtrics.com/product-updates/

Regarding the changes in Results Reporting PDF exports, do you happen to have any specifics on what actually changed? My PDF exports appear to look the same as they did previously.

Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
> @uhrxx005 said:
> Thanks @KatharineS
>
> I noticed that this page also listed a couple new updates for today: https://www.qualtrics.com/product-updates/
>
> Regarding the changes in Results Reporting PDF exports, do you happen to have any specifics on what actually changed? My PDF exports appear to look the same as they did previously.
>
> Thanks!

As far as I understand, the big changes are in the speed of exports, font sizes, and spacing. The formatting used to be a little unwieldy, but new downloads generated should be a little tighter and more readable.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@KatharineS said:
Qualtrics has unbeatable security, but sometimes you want to add an extra layer of metal on your doomsday bunker.

😃
Collaborating from the survey editor is a welcome change. It's the little things!
The reset for the Recode function is useful - BUT the default reset is not necessarily "1, 2, 3, 4..."
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I'm still seeing issues with exporting reports to PDF that don't happen when exporting to a Word doc. The results get cut off and there's no option to resize the data. Is this still being looked into?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
> @jesslyn_boisclair said:
> I'm still seeing issues with exporting reports to PDF that don't happen when exporting to a Word doc. The results get cut off and there's no option to resize the data. Is this still being looked into?

Hi Jesslyn! This sounds like you may want to reach out to our support team to have them look into this further with you. You can get in touch with them by going to Qualtrics.com/Support and selecting "Contact Support" in the upper-right corner.
I agree with astone - resetting the recode values doesn't take it to 1, 2, 3, 4 if the order wasn't right to begin with... So if a survey has had a lot of changes and movement, the recode won't clean it up. I still have to go question by question. Is there a faster way? Or could there be a recode option that works like auto-number and renumbers the codes in order?
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@Stacy, I have noticed that the reset recodes works better if you have NOT yet published your survey. After you publish, you will have to reset manually 1 question at a time.
@uhrxx005 Thanks. I typically start a survey by copying an old survey, and that seems to prevent the reset recodes from working too. (E.g., if the original codes weren't right, the copy will only reset to the original, not 1,2,3,4.)
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@Stacy, I just went through something similar and had to manually renumber 100+ recodes. I agree that a true reset recode value feature is desperately needed! If only a handful of recodes are messed up I would recommend exporting to word with recodes visible or if you have SPSS export a codebook. Its much quicker to scan those documents and pinpoint which questions have messed up recodes. That way you don't have to click into each survey item.
@uhrxx005 That's a great tip, thank you!!

Leave a Reply