Is there a way to display submit button and a continue button at once, on the same page? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to display submit button and a continue button at once, on the same page?

• 18 April 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge +1
I'm trying to build in the middle of my survey the option for the respondent to either click a button to continue to optional questions in the survey or simply hit submit instead and finish the survey. Is this something I could do?

I know I could achieve something similar with a survey question but I'd rather not have a question and an arrow button, which could create some confusion. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
icon

Best answer by TomG 18 April 2018, 20:35

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You have to do it with a question. However, you could make it appear the way you want using a JavaScript to hide the question and add a Submit button, then when the Submit button is clicked, answer the hidden question and click the Next button.
Badge +1
Thank you, Tom!
Badge +2
I'm very new to Javascript but would love to add something like this to my surveys. What would the script look like?

Thanks so much!
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi @EMunoz!

It looks like you may be asking about custom programming/code. We actually have a Developer Corner in the community that is reserved for these types of questions. Therefore, we recommend asking your question in that section instead so coders and programmers are more likely to answer your question.

P.S. They might assume that you already have a basic knowledge of programming and how to integrate it into Qualtrics. If you do not, we recommend checking out W3Schools and our pages on Adding Custom CSS and Adding JavaScript to get a basic understanding!
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
@TomG I'm searching the Developer Corner for the specifics on how to do this, but can't find it. Do you have time to please post the link here as part of the Accepted Answer?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@red5 - I sent you a private message.
@TomG I am also trying to do this and just found this thread. I'm trying to figure out how to do what you suggested in your accepted answer, but I can't figure out to enable both options to appear on the same page.

> @TomG said:
> You have to do it with a question. However, you could make it appear the way you want using a JavaScript to hide the question and add a Submit button, then when the Submit button is clicked, answer the hidden question and click the Next button.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @hb2008 said:
> @TomG I am also trying to do this and just found this thread. I'm trying to figure out how to do what you suggested in your accepted answer, but I can't figure out to enable both options to appear on the same page.
>
> > @TomG said:
> > You have to do it with a question. However, you could make it appear the way you want using a JavaScript to hide the question and add a Submit button, then when the Submit button is clicked, answer the hidden question and click the Next button.
>
>

Add a second button to the page with a different event handler.
Badge +1

TomG , I too have a similar requirement i want to add a continue and submit button where clicking on continue it redirects the user to new follow up survey and on submit it should display a Thank you message.

Currently i have changed the Next button to "continue" in last page of survey and redirected it to new survey. I want to change the back button functionality on the last page to submit. How to do it?

Leave a Reply