Extending expiration for partial responses | XM Community
Solved

Extending expiration for partial responses

• 23 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi- we sent personal links to survey respondents. It was decided that we should extend our original survey deadline, so there are now people with nearly complete surveys that expire tomorrow and I'd like to not have them expire tomorrow. Is there a way to do this?
icon

Best answer by TomG 23 April 2018, 19:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Go to Survey Options and at the bottom of the page increase the Partial Completion timing then click Save at the bottom of the page. I'm pretty sure this will work to extend when the current in-progress responses get written to the response file.

For the actual age of the links that is by 60 days by default and you can set when you schedule email invites or create personal links, I don't think there is a way to change it after the emails have been sent or the personal links created.
Unfortunately changing the survey option settings does not seem to change the already in progress surveys, but thanks for the response!
@TomG do you know what happens to partial responses that get timed out? Do they stay in partial response forever or get moved to complete? I'm thinking that I could somehow convert the partial response to a complete, then send them the link that allows them to retake the survey (and bypass the expiration)...
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@lindsayd1 - If they hit the partial complete timer and you have it set to Record they get moved to complete. I'm assuming you are not hitting 60 day link expiration. When that happens I think all that happens is the link become unusable. I don't think it has any impact on the partial if there is one.

I'm surprised changing the partial complete timer didn't work. I've never tried to extend the time, but I know it works when I go the other way. When I change it from Record in 6 months to Delete in 1 week all the partials older than a week get deleted.

Leave a Reply