Possible to export permissions for a user type? | XM Community
Solved

Possible to export permissions for a user type?

• 18 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
Hi, I'm a brand new brand administrator. Love that Qualtrics has these community sites. I can view the user type permissions in the Qualtrics window. I want to be able to compare permissions across three different user types. Can I export the list of permissions for each user type, into something like Excel?
icon

Best answer by djrits 23 April 2018, 21:19

View original

2 replies

Badge +3
First thing I can think of to do it, would be to first assign those three different user types to specific users, then use the get user API call (https://api.qualtrics.com/docs/get-user) on those three users. Doing this will require some scripting knowledge however.

I don't think there's anything currently built into the permissions management that will allow for an easy export unfortunately.

Edit: After looking at the results that gets, I'm not sure I'd even recommend doing that. The permission names you get from it are pretty cryptic, and I don't see anything regarding the theme permissions either.
Badge +1
Thanks djrits! I ended up copying/pasting into Excel and then manually formatting the cells. Qualtrics support has my request to their development people as something for them to consider building.

Leave a Reply