send individual surveys at specific date | XM Community
Solved

send individual surveys at specific date

• 11 March 2018
  • 3 replies

I am trying to set up a longitudinal survey. In order to do so, I would like to send out surveys on very specific dates. For the initial period, participants will supply the end-date of an event, and I would like to pipe that info into an email trigger (or something similar). I know how to do email triggers, but there are limited date-delay options. For follow-ups, I want emails to go out approximately every 3 months after the initial survey completion date. I suspect this may require something in Contacts or JavaScript, but would very much appreciate advice. I would also like to set reminders (i.e., email every 3 days within a +/- 7 day window until participant completes the survey).
icon

Best answer by TomG 25 April 2018, 15:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
To fully automate the process you described, you'll need to create a web based script that uses the Qualtrics REST API.
Dear Tom

Would you be able to provide a little more detail (or some introductory reading), for someone who is familiar with GUI interfaces but not REST API scripts? Are there any examples of surveys where this is done?

I am in the same boat as ntvandam; email triggers would be perfect but they only last 28 days. I have requested the feature from Qualtrics as this will stop a lot of our institution using the platform (and I hope it wouldn't be too hard to change the maximum date) but would like to get a project started in the meantime.

Thanks

Ben
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@benainsworth,

You can start with the Qualtrics API documentation and click on Get Started.

Integrating with a survey is fairly easy, you either add a web service block to your survey flow and add the appropriate parameters or redirect to a script at the end of survey. In rare cases, it may make sense to make a web service call to the api directly. In most cases, you'll call your own web based script that will call the api using c u r l (sorry, for some reason, if I type c u r l without spaces I get an Access Denied error). So unless you are doing direct api calls from the survey flow, you'll need some expertise in writing web scripts in some appropriate language (e.g., php, python, perl, etc.).

Leave a Reply