Survey Links Not Working with CSS | XM Community
Solved

Survey Links Not Working with CSS

Badge +1
Hey everyone,
Trying to put together a template using CSS that we will use for our email sends. I've got the look of the template how I want it, and thought I had the links ready to go. When I test it though I see the links are clickable because the pointer changes to show it is clickable, but when I click nothing happens, it doesn't take me to the survey link. The external links to the website and the opt out link works, but any of the SurveyURL or SurveyLink won't work. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the code:
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 1 May 2018, 12:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @gsheppar

Can you try keeping ${l://SurveyLink} without <a> tag and try replacing it with ${l://SurveyLink?d=get your feedback}

Similarly for ${l://SurveyLink?d=Share Your Thoughts}
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@gsheppar,

I think you want to use ${l://SurveyURL} instead of ${l://SurveyLink}.
Badge +1
@Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam I have done that before and it does work. The problem I ran into was not knowing how to format the links to have the font, text color, etc. that I wanted vs what Qualtrics automatically applied.

@TomG I have actually been testing both SurveyURL and SurveyLink with the same results. I also came across this article on the forum that indicated that both will take the respondent to their unique survey, but I haven't confirmed that is the case since the links haven't worked yet.
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/527/formatting-of-the-survey-link
Badge +1
One other thing that is strange about the links not working...When I distribute the survey and I copy the hyperlink from Outlook and paste it into my browser, it is showing the right link, but it shows it twice, and it also includes the tagging i.e. "a href='surveylink '>"
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @gsheppar! @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam is right! The link should look like the following: ${l://SurveyLink?d=get your feedback}. You can then use the Rich Content Editor to make changes to the format! If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our Support team!

Leave a Reply