Is it possible to put a frame around a question? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to put a frame around a question?

• 23 May 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello everybody,

I unfortunately had no idea into which category to put my question, as it concerns the layout of the questionnaire.

I was wondering if it is possible to put a frame around a question. Alternatively, I could use a picture as a background, if that is possible.

Can anyone help me and tell me if one or the other is possible and if so, how it is done?

Thank you very much in advance
Joana
icon

Best answer by Rich_Boits_Walker 23 May 2018, 19:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
To frame out your question with a border you can add the following to your question text using the HTML view option on the question editor dialog.

<style>
div.Inner.BorderColor {border: solid #ededed;}
</style>

The solid border style is a basic example, but here is a link to additional border options available in css:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/border

Update: dropped the ".SAVR" from the css as it restricts the border to just single answer multiple choice question. The updated script can be used for the other question types as well.
Thank you so much
Badge

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/2626#Comment_2626Could you specify where exactly that code should be put within the HTML view? I tried adding it at the very top and bottom of the page, as well as somewhere in the middle, but no border appears. For example, when including it in one of my questions, the code is:

Introduction

We collected business-relevant data about four smartphone apps and created two charts:

//EDIT:
  1. With this code, a frame does appear, but only if I choose the "Classic" Layout. With "modern" and" Flat" there is no frame. I want to use the "modern" layout. How can I make it work?

2. Also, with the above code, not only the question I insert the code into (Q1) but all questions within the same block get a frame. It looks like this (Q2 is largely cut off in the scrrenshot, I hope it makes sense):

Frame qualtrics troubleshooting.PNG3. As can be seen in the screenshot, the frame on the sides is more narrow than the frame in between the two questions. How do I balance the sizes of both?

Leave a Reply