Solved

Creating a user account with specific permissions

• 15 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 43 replies
Hi, I want to create a user account where the user can create, edit, and delete surveys but cannot have access to any Contacts. What permissions or User Type would I need to set in order to make this happen? I've been playing with different iterations, but I end up in scenarios where the user cannot edit any survey and not see any contacts, or see contacts but not edit surveys.
icon

Best answer by KatC 17 November 2017, 16:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@KatC,
I wonder if setting them up with the permissions you do want to give, but turning off the Distribute Surveys option would work? They could create all the contacts in the world, but wouldn't be able to distribute to them via the Qualtrics interface. In fact, I believe this would turn off the Distribution tab for each survey so they probably couldn't even get a link created for it.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@MichelleC

It's more that we want to make sure that the other user doesn't see our list of contacts (for security reasons - keeping user info private). So we'd want to make sure the user just doesn't have access to that section of Target Audience. Turning off the Distribution for each survey would prevent them from sharing that one specific one
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I think I may have figured out how to make sure user can edit surveys but cannot see the Contacts in TA. You'd make their permission level "participant" and then you'd share a survey with that user so that way they can edit a survey.

I'm not sure if there are other ways, but I'm curious to hear them!
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@KatC Ah gotcha. I haven't used TA yet so I thought we were strictly talking about the Research Core. My bad! 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Hi, just getting started with Stats iQ and looking for ways for a "User Interface" ... I realize there's a lot to learn.
- What is "TA"?
- Is there a User Interface? Say we do some snazzy analysis, can the user log in and see it? As opposed to dropping to Excel for distribution?

Thx.

Leave a Reply