Is it possible to auto translate non-English responses to an open-ended question into English? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to auto translate non-English responses to an open-ended question into English?

• 18 June 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
Is there any way to use some kind of web service call or other method to have Google Translate translate open-ended responses to a Qualtrics survey question(s) submitted in a language other than English and then add the English translation into that respondent's answer set in Qualtrics, or, less preferable, use an e-mail trigger to send an e-mail containing the translated version of the response to an e-mail address(es)?
icon

Best answer by Matt_Christie_Walker 18 June 2018, 20:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Yes, google translations on open-ended comments are available out of the box. More info here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/data/translate-text-responses/
Badge +1
Thank you so much--I was not aware of this, but I do not have this menu option in my Qualtrics account and see that a note on the link you referenced above says, "Attention: Text Translation is a feature of the Advanced Text iQ. Contact your Account Executive or Brand Administrator for information on how to access these features."

Assuming I don't have the budget for what I'm guessing is thousands of dollar to add this feature, are you aware of any other options?

Leave a Reply