How do I pull information from a contact list into a survey? | XM Community
Solved

How do I pull information from a contact list into a survey?

• 20 November 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 23 replies
How do I pull information from a contact list into a survey?
icon

Best answer by KatC 20 November 2017, 21:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I think this would require a couple of steps:

1) In the survey Flow section, you'd create a Set Embedded Data block at the top of the flow. There you'd list all the embedded data points you want to see transferred over

2) Then in the section where you want to actually include that information, you'd select Piped Text and go to the Embedded Data section and type in the data point. You just want to keep in mind that the capitalization and spaces matter when doing this.

This should do it, hopefully this helps!
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
I agree with @KatC - the contact list can be connected to the survey through the Authenticator (Survey Flow) or Email Distribution, and embedded data can then be pulled using her instructions.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
The basic information from a contact list can be brought in via Piped Text.
!
Are you looking to bring in more than Names and email addresses?
Is it possible to pull a certain information from the website where the survey is embedded?
> @Nidhi said:
> Is it possible to pull a certain information from the website where the survey is embedded?

Please specify type or example of information you want to pull. Also are you using website feedback or just survey embedded in website using iframe
Website feedback is the plan. Also, I do not see any option to include a date field, does one have to use javas cript for that?
> @Nidhi said:
> Website feedback is the plan. Also, I do not see any option to include a date field, does one have to use javas cript for that?

Since website feedback is the anonymous link, you need to use the authenticator in the survey. You need to have at least external data reference of the contact list present in the cookie or at some element of the website to fetch in the survey. Once authenticated we ca get all the embedded data of the contact list

Leave a Reply