How can I copy a list of answer choices to a new survey? | XM Community
Solved

How can I copy a list of answer choices to a new survey?

• 11 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 23 replies
What is the easiest way to copy over a long list of answer choices (e.g., names of every city in the state) to a new survey?
icon

Best answer by KatC 13 November 2017, 23:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I think your best bet is to copy the question to your library. You can do that by selecting "Copy Questions to Library" that is in the drop down button right on the Block your question is part of. You will then be given the option to select which specific question you want copied.

Then, in your new survey, you can select to "Import Questions" from your library.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @KatC said:
> I think your best bet is to copy the question to your library. You can do that by selecting "Copy Questions to Library" that is in the drop down button right on the Block your question is part of. You will then be given the option to select which specific question you want copied.
>
> Then, in your new survey, you can select to "Import Questions" from your library.

It's also worth noting that you can import questions from another study without the need to add them to your library. This is the best method when it isn't something you plan to use regularly.

Leave a Reply