Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Graphics Library

pogi
pogi FLCommunity Member Guru ✭✭
edited March 23 in Qualtrics API

Is there a way to capture the file URL from a file upload question and use it to upload the image directly to a specific graphics library folder?

Answers

• pogi

Can anyone point me to some resources?

I know the library upload graphics api but I can't seem to capture the image from the #dropzone to then trigger the api call to upload it to a specific library.

• PraDeepKotian_Ugam
    PraDeepKotian_Ugam Mumbai, IndiaCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Superuser ✭✭✭✭
  • pogi

@PraDeepKotian_Ugam thanks, but that's not what I need. I'm looking for a way with ajax to capture the file to upload it using the api to a specific graphics library on my account. I don't actually need the file store with the response nor will that help with the work flow that I need unfortunately.

• pogi

So using the API,

var settings = {
      "async": true,
      "crossDomain": true,
      "url": "https://ca1.qualtrics.com/API/v3/libraries/libraryId/graphics",
      "method": "POST",
      "headers": {
        "x-api-token": ""
      },
      "processData": false,
      "data": "{\"name\":\"string\",\"folder\":\"string\"}"
    }

$.ajax(settings).done(function (response) {
      console.log(response);
    });

How can I listen to the File Upload question type for a file added? Or, should I use the code formatter of a descriptive text box to build my own form object to upload the file?

• pogi

Will the libraries graphics API accept a file URL?

• pogi

@TomG , could you point me in the right direction? Sorry to single you out so much. 🙂

• TomG
    TomG Raleigh, NCCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭

@pogi - Sorry, I've never used the graphic upload API.